- Holds multiple subject areas
- Holds very detailed information
- Works to integrate all data sources
- Does not necessarily use a dimensional model but feeds dimensional models.
- Often holds only one subject area- for example, Finance, or Sales
- May hold more summarised data (although many hold full detail)
- Concentrates on integrating information from a given subject area or set of source systems
- Is built focused on a dimensional model using a star schema.
Sum of data marts is not equal to data warehouse…